Oil filter reference

Thierryd
Hi everyone,

I need to replace the oil filter, and I surprisingly discover that the 2 I have in stock since some time are different from the one in place, and may not be suitable. And I don't remember where the present one came from.
Do you know the type / reference of the oil filter to be used ? My oil filter base is a remote type on the inner wing (I supose original fitting), and has the name "Purolator" on it.
The present filter has the following dimensions : external diameter 67 mm, internal diameter 32 mm, length 142 mm.

Thanks for your contributions !
Thierry

Re: Oil filter reference

Richard M Fairclough
Hi Thierry,

I believe you just need the standard Rover V8 filter, but I will double check mine for you...

Regards,

Richard
R.M. Fairclough

Re: Oil filter reference

Thierryd
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your help ! This is the pre SD1 model with paper cartridge and filter housing separate, not the all in 1 SD1 type.
In case your check is satisfactorily, it would be helpfull to get a reference (and possibly where to find it), because I an unsure what standard mean, since the filter isn't directly fitted to the engine, but remotely.

Kind regards
Thierry
I believe you just need the standard Rover V8 filter, but I will double check mine for you...

Regards,

Richard

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Oil-filter-reference-tp4774470p4794257.html
To unsubscribe from Oil filter reference, click here.

Re: Oil filter reference

Paula-NRR-796K
Hi Thierry

Have you looked at www.pureoil.com , they have the purolator oil filters on there.

Paula.

Re: Oil filter reference

Richard M Fairclough
Thierry,
has Lawrence got your address, I'll get you a couple and post them to you?

Regards,

Richard.

If not, drop me an e.mail to fairclough55@btinternet.com
R.M. Fairclough

Re: Oil filter reference

Thierryd
Thanks for the info Paula, I will have a look.
Thierry

Re: Oil filter reference

Harry Irvine
Hi  Thierry,

Sorry for late message but I am in middle of house sale and have not kept up with things !

I have just changed the Purolater remote oil filter unit on my car over to a MG V8 canister type after 22 years !

I always used MGC oil filters in the Purolator remote oil filter unit without any problems - these filters are about 143mm long with a diameter of about 70mm.

I usually bought these filters from the MG Owners Club shop (see MGOC website).

Hope this helps.

Harry

Re: Oil filter reference

Peter Brodt
Hello Thierry,

just as Harry I am using the paper cartridges (MGC type, because I also have a MGC Roadster, so there is no need to stock different oil filters...). I will be in the UK on the 10th and 11th of May and will buy some stuff for both of my cars. If you like I could buy a few of the cartridges and bring them along to the meeting?

Just let me know what you think

Kind regards

Peter

Re: Oil filter reference

Thierryd
Thanks for the confirmation, Peter, in fact the filter I have is the correct one, eventhough not exactly with similar dimensions to the previous one. Both dimensions are fitting.
I look forward to seing you at the meeting !
Kind regards
Thierry

Re: Oil filter reference

Thierryd
Harry, I got the correct filter, thanks for your assistance !
Best regards