Meeting in September

Peter Brodt
Hello Lawrence,
just wanted to know if we can plan our activities (like our vacation) around the Costello meeting weekend (September 5th / 6th) and would like to know where the meeting will be located. We are planning to spend app. one week in the UK (either from September 4th to September the 11th or from the end of August to the 7th of September). We hope to see Englands southcoast, maybe someone can give us some information on what we should not miss in that area and some B&B places that can be recommended.
Any information is highly welcome
Thanks and regards
Peter

Re: Meeting in September

Richard M Fairclough
Hello Peter,

I live in the North of England, and depending where you live in Deutschland, why not travel North and go home via North Sea Ferries...Hull to Rotterdam or Zeebrugge. It is a fantastic voyage overnight and very comfortable. There are numerous places to stay in the area, and York, Pickering, Malton, Whitby, Robin Hood's Bay are well worth a visit. My daughter has three self catering cottages ...check out her website www.romanticcottageholidays.com or phone her for details (tell her you own a COSTELLO!) 07970 300068

Kindest regards,

Richard

If you need any other information, just ask!
R.M. Fairclough

Re: Meeting in September

Richard M Fairclough
See you live in Wiesbaden, so you could have a really good trip back via Rotterdam, Duisberg etc.

Aufwiedersehen....Richard
R.M. Fairclough

Re: Meeting in September

lawrencew
Administrator
I am seeking the knowledge of a well known Octane journalist this week who hopes to attend our gathering - and maybe write something for us in that magazine - we shall see. Meantime, he will hopefully give me some pointers on where we can meet on 5th September (pub lawn, country house, car park, whatever). Will let you all know as soon as.

Re: Meeting in September

Peter Brodt
Hello Richard,

thanks for your reply and the interesting suggestions, well my wifes mind is set on Englands south coast and she is pretty hard to convince once she has put her mind on something, but I am working on it. I´ll let you know when I have changed her mind, and thanks for your daughters phone number, she has realy got some nice looking places to rent out.
Looking forward to meeting you in September.

Kind regards

Peter

Re: Meeting in September

Richard M Fairclough
Nice to hear from you Peter, S.E.Coast is O.K, probably weather wise, but more stunning cliffs and sandy beaches are on the East Coast. If you need any help, drop me a line. I'm hoping to go to Rothenburg ob der Tauber again this year...it's my wife and my favourite place, and we've been going there for over 35 years! It's our second home. I'm going to an M.G.Car Club meeting tonight, so have been polishing the Costello all afternoon. If you send me your address, I'll post you an up to date map of the U.K. for your trip.

My home address is Richard M Fairclough
                              The Old Alehouse
                               Greenside
                               Walton
                               WAKEFIELD
                               West Yorkshire
                               WF2 6NN

Regards,

Richard

thanks for your reply and the interesting suggestions, well my wifes mind is set on Englands south coast and she is pretty hard to convince once she has put her mind on something, but I am working on it. I´ll let you know when I have changed her mind, and thanks for your daughters phone number, she has realy got some nice looking places to rent out.
Looking forward to meeting you in September.

Kind regards

Peter

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Meeting-in-September-tp2986521p3018979.html

R.M. Fairclough

Re: [?? Probable Spam] Re: Meeting in September

Peter Brodt
Hello Richard,

since the Costello meeting is not our first and will definitely not be
our last trip to the UK, we will make sure to see your part of the
country in the near future. It is good to hear that you have seen some
parts of Germany also (visiting our local tourist trap Rothenburg ;-) )
If you do make up your mind to visit there this year, make sure to pay
us a visit, since we are located a bit north of Wiesbaden directly at
the A3 coming down from the north. It is a small medieval town called
Idstein (see *www.idstein.de*) and we always have a guest room free for
visitors. Our home address is Peter & Elfi Brodt, Am Beerholz 8a, 65510
Idstein.

You are very welcome to drop in and see some of the sights in our area.

Kind regards

Peter