Engine exhaust manifolds.....

Richard zfairclough
Can anyone give me advice on manifolds .The one’s on Elvis were made by Mike the Pipe over 30 years ago and are quite intricate. Do normal V8 P6 manifolds fit ?  The steering column is very close to the first ‘port’ Excessive heat has always been a problem with this car...don’t suppose I’m unique...would just llike other peoples opinions / advice / photos.  Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Engine exhaust manifolds.....

Richard Wood
Hi Richard.
Think I tried this one a good while ago, say 30 years, so the detail might be a bit blurred but  as I recall there was no chance with the rover manifold in cast iron and really space hungry. In the end the original Costello manifold got re- welded and again once more about 10 years ago. All ok now. However  not wanting to hijack your thread I seen to get through a lot of starters or starter solenoids  being cooked by the  exhaust.  Does anyone else have this problem or indeed a solution?
Richard Wood.  63RRR

Re: Engine exhaust manifolds.....

Laurie Way
Hi Guys, there are two options for the exhaust manifolds, block hugger and the RV8 (through the wings). The later RV8 type are better for heat dissipation but require a hole to be cut in the wings.
With regards problems with the starter motor check to see if the starter motor heat shield is fitted.
Many suppliers stock these parts e.g. Clive Wheatley (mgv8parts.com, catalogue, mgv8 conversions parts, conversion exhausts shows all the parts including the heat shield).
Cheers, Laurie.

Re: Engine exhaust manifolds.....

Richard Wood
Hi Laurie Way
Thanks for your help and following a useful conversation with Clive have ordered a new starter motor and heat shield which should solve the problem.  Regards.     Richard Wood.  Ps looking forward to the Bicester meeting

http://mg-costello-forum.2691470.n2.nabble.com/Engine-exhaust-manifolds-tp7572975p7572977.html
To unsubscribe from Engine exhaust manifolds....., click here.
NAML

To unsubscribe from Engine exhaust manifolds....., click here.
NAML

Re: Engine exhaust manifolds.....

Richard M Fairclough
Thanks !