Costello Badge

Peter Brodt
Hello all,
hope this mail reaches all of you in good spirits and you have all bought your Christmas presents yet ...
The reason for contacting you is that I have been able to dig out a small company specializing in Laser cutting of metal. Since the Costello badge on my car is not as nice looking any more as I would want it to be (a lot of cleaning has worn out the chrome layer on the badge and the black paint ), so I was on the search for someone who could reproduce the badge using a material that would be able to take my viscous cleaning and not be damaged. The company I found (in Switzerland) would make 1:1 reproductions from stainless steel and is asking 800 CHF for the first copy of the bagde and would charge 80 CHF for all the following badges. So lets assume we would be ordering 10 badges altogether the price would total 1520 CHF, resulting in a price per badge of 152 Swiss Francs which is equivalent to app. 101GBP (1.00 CHF = 0.666459 GBP at the moment). If we get together 20 people this would sum up to 800 + (19*80) = 2320 CHF again at todays exchange rate equivalent to app. 77 GBP per badge.
Please let me know what you think about this idea, I appreciate any response
Wishing all of you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year
Peter

Re: Costello Badge

alan
I would definately have one, my badge, like yours, is looking very tired!!

Re: Costello Badge

lawrencew
Hi Peter - dont forget we have already manufactured 20 Mk II badges - the design fabricated by Roger C and Ken C back in the early 1980s. These replaced the older original one to which you refer. Ken had planned to build more cars throughout the 80 and beyond so these badges were designated forthose models.
The key here is that badges do not fall into the hands of non-Costello owners. So try to keep it one badge per Costello owner. The easiest way is to buy in bulk and then I can help you sell via the site.
Happy Christmas!

Re: Costello Badge

Peter Brodt
Hello Alan, me again Peter...
I wanted to see how the response is to my posting first before I start any action, because if we only get 2 or 3 people together the badges will be ridiculously expensive, but you are the first on the list once I get started . As Lawrence sugested I would like to use his help in selling the badges just to keep them in the hands of genuine Costello owners (like you and me and the rest of the owners listed on the homepage ).
I will let you and everybody else know if and when the production is started.
Cheers
Peter

Re: Costello Badge

Richard M Fairclough
Father Christmas is alive and well and living in Wakefield...a brand new badge is winging its way to Idstein as we speak !...MERRY CHRISTMAS !

"WHAT'S THE POINT OF DREAMING, IF YOU DON'T ACTUALLY DO IT?"
R.M. Fairclough

Re: Costello Badge

David Cutcliffe
I don't know if you are still trying to make these badges but I have been trying to get small runs of badges made for display models and limited production runs. Check out morganicmetalsolutions.com. They may be able to help you with a fully 3D badge. Could be a little more costly but it is very good quality.

Re: Costello Badge

Peter Brodt
Hello Alan,
as you can see from my latest post badges are finished and still available. Just drop me a note and I will send one out to you.
Cheers
Peter