recessed grilles.

phil rule
Does anybody know of a brand new recessed grille with ALL the surrounding bits that I can buy? I am in the process of a full restoration of my mk1 GT and by the look of it, this is the only thing I am struggling to source. I have the egg box grille part so the rest is really important. Please if you do find one espcially on some obscure website anywhere in the world, please please let me know asap either by email at philiprule@virginmedia.com or my mobile which is 07506916187. If there isn't a brand new one anywhere, a really good secondhand one will do.
Many thanks,
Phil Rule.

Re: recessed grilles.

lawrencew
Administrator
Hi Phil, These, sadly, are like hens' teeth. I bought mine (very) second hand from eBay a few years ago. Best to contact the usual club outlets and see what's in stock - MGB Hive, Rimmer Bros, Moss Europe, MGOC, MGCC, MG Spares, and so on. The good news is that our refab eggbox units fit perfectly into place once you marry up the two units. Good luck! Lawrence.

Re: recessed grilles.

phil rule
Hi
Thanks. Have done all of these and more. Even the chrome slat and honeycomb grilles are getting difficult. Have great contact at Moss Europe (4 miles down the road from me) who is doing some hunting. Can't believe I got rid of mine all those years ago. Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? Engine and gearbox will be out on Saturday and then off to Michael Hibberd's for new sills etc. I am stockpiling all sorts of bits as we go along. I am really hoping to have it up and running for March next year. It may be in primer but it will have a "ticket"!!
Have got a few photos already but will obviously take some more this weekend and when it is having the bodywork done.
All the best from a very wet and windy Blighty.
Phil.

Sent from my iPhone

On 17 Oct 2012, at 08:04, "lawrencew [via MG Costello Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Phil, These, sadly, are like hens' teeth. I bought mine (very) second hand from eBay a few years ago. Best to contact the usual club outlets and see what's in stock - MGB Hive, Rimmer Bros, Moss Europe, MGOC, MGCC, MG Spares, and so on. The good news is that our refab eggbox units fit perfectly into place once you marry up the two units. Good luck! Lawrence.

http://mg-costello-forum.2691470.n2.nabble.com/recessed-grilles-tp7572692p7572694.html
To unsubscribe from recessed grilles., click here.
NAML