US MGB-V8 with Costello FI plenum & Costello prototype gearbox

US MGB-V8 with Costello FI plenum & Costello prototype gearbox

Roger Comer
I have owned the above car for quite a few years and managed to trace it back to an English member of the St Louis MG Club.
Having visited the British V-8 meeting in TN some years ago I was told that a business was reportedly started in St Louis, to produce or reproduce Costello V8 MGB's and that my car may have been one of very few built.
Looking back through some of the articles in BritishV8 I believe that my car is the one depicted in an article by Robin Weatherall titled Ken Costello and the MGB-V8. The last 3 pics are of my car.
Can anyone confirm that some cars were built here in the early 1990's?
PS: My car carries Costello V8 identification plate on the slam panel which is stamped with "Serial No 9304".

Re: US MGB-V8 with Costello FI plenum & Costello prototype gearbox

Lawrence
Hi Roger,

Could you drop me an email and send over some photos? I can get in touch with Ken and find out some more about your car and those later modifications.

Kind regards
Lawrence Wood (lolwood@yahoo.co.uk)

Re: US MGB-V8 with Costello FI plenum & Costello prototype gearbox

Roger Cook
Your car appears to be one of a batch of ten built by Ken in 1993. My own car, the first of that batch, is serial no 9301. No cars were built in the USA, but an unsuccessful attempt was made to start gearbox production. There are very few Costellos still around equipped with the great man's gearbox (for which parts are no longer available) so treasure it!