September Gathering 2010

lawrencew
Administrator
Let's use the Forum to throw around some ideas of where we can stage the next Gathering of our cars. I think its best we make it the UK this time therefore giving Ken the best chance to make it along.

So some ideas:
- Yorkshire Dales (bit far for the Euro-based cars but great scenery and roads)
- Scottish Highlands (again, perhaps too far?)
- Mid Wales / Welsh Borders
- South West - Cornwall, Devon, Moors

I am happy to get the ball rolling and drum up enthusiasm once we have decided on a location, but will need a lot of help from someone who knows the area well to suggest lodgings and driving routes.

As for the date, perhaps the first or second weekend of September so as not to clash with the Revival or Angouleme events.

So, any thoughts?
Best wishes,
Lawrence.

Re: September Gathering 2010

Richard M Fairclough
Lawrence,

I'm more than willing to help organise a weekend in the Yorkshire Dales and Moors, and sort out a couple of routes and lodgings as necessary. First two weeks in September are o.k. for me also at the moment.

Access from the continent, as we have already discussed is  very easy via North Sea Ferries...Rotterdam / Zeebrugge to Hull. They  also do some offers for short stays, details are readily available on line. This is an overnighter sailing around 9.00p.m. and arriving around 8.00a.m. ( both ways) which also leaves the drivers feeling refreshed (and gives the cars a rest).

I of course welcome other comments, and will be keen to be involved with whatever you decide...

Kindest regards,

Richard.
R.M. Fairclough