Seats

Biek
Hey folks,

With the next meeting in range and with that the outlook on a few hundred miles (times many :-) of driving pleasure, I started wondering if I could do something about the seats of my car.

At the moment the standard 1970's brown and orange seats are still in there and, in all honesty, they're not that bad ... yet. I do, however, fear that the combination of my back and longer drives will rewrite that statement, so I was wondering if anyone of you changed his or her seats and if you have any recommendations.

I would like them to be 'period seats', so not too modern and a bit of extra side support like the Corbeau Classics I've see would be great.
Biek

Re: Seats

Richard M Fairclough
Hi Biek,

There are loads of seats for sale on EBAY which is probably your most inexpensive way of getting a new set of seats. I replaced mine with leather ones which were quite expensive as they were new, but you can pick them up cheaply second hand. There's a pair of decent looking seats for sale now in Cheltenham and they are less than £50 if you don't want to spend a lot. I appreciate you have to get them abroad to your home, but probably the best thing to do is get a set while you are over here and fit them at the same time and dump the old ones... Hope to see you in Rutland.....Regards,  Richard.
R.M. Fairclough

Re: Seats

Biek
Thanks Richard, I saw those seats as well. The thing is that they are basically the same seats I have now and I would like them to be an upgrade rather than only a replacement.

I'll keep looking though. Hopefully I'll find something suitable before the Rutland meet. See you there!

Cheers,
Biek
Biek

Re: Seats

Thierryd
Hi Biek,

I have seats from my 1972 car which I am selling, cause I changed recently to leather ones (nevertheless not original). The seats are navy blue, and were refurbished nicely some years ago. I added a wood plate under the driver's seat in order to make it stiffer, this is better for long drives.
I can send you picures by mail if you wish.

Best regards
Thierry

Re: Seats

Biek
Hi Thierry,

Thanks for the offer sir, but I've allowed my mind to go crazy about a certain model and color setting already. I've settled on getting the classic cs seats I have seen. Just a matter of trying to get those to my home before we drive off to the UK by the end of this month, which could get a bit critical in terms of remaining time. I'm hoping it'll work out though.

As soon as I've managed to get the seats I'll post a picture of the final result.
Biek