MGB Full Respray Costs

lawrencew
Administrator
Good day everyone.

If any of you here have experience of respraying an MGB GT body shell, I'd be grateful to hear of the approximate costs, and recommendations for preferred paint shops (in UK).

I understand paint shops prefer the body to arrive stripped and prepped, so will charge considerably more to strip down all accessories before painting can begin. And again after the process.

Any thoughts are most welcome.

Thanks.
Lawrence.

Re: MGB Full Respray Costs

Laurie Way
Hi Lawrence my Costello was painted in December 1999 !! It was stripped and ready for spraying and the cost then was £1891.75.
£1200 labour and £410 parts with17.5% VAT (remember that figure), the labour would have been considerably higher to strip the shell for painting. It also had no glass or trim fitted.
Does this mean you have another MG?
Cheers Laurie.