MG B GT Costello JBB5K

johnpep
Further to my post yesterday, I can now confirm the registration number of my Costello was JBB5K. According to DVLA the colour is red, the engine size is 3528cc and KC converted it in 1972.  The last V5C was issued on the 6th Jan 2012.  The last keeper was dated 12th Jan 2012. The last five digits of the VIN are 83113.

If the owner of JBB5K is known and he/she is willing to make contact, please do not hesitate to email me.

johnpep.

Re: MG B GT Costello JBB5K

lawrencew
Administrator
Helo 'johnpep',

Yes that car is known to the community and mgostello.com. I can share more details with you privately if you'd like to contact me via email? Link is on the website.

Thanks for the previous message and sharing your experiences. Always great to piece together history if these cars and their respective owners through thte years.

All the best.

Re: MG B GT Costello JBB5K

petemartin
Just seen this MG on youtube:

jbb5k

Re: MG B GT Costello JBB5K

johnpep
Thanks Pete for finding this pic of JBB5K. Its very sad to see JBB is such a sorry state.

I am the now the owner of XJN575S a 1978 BGT converted to V8 by Trevor Tailor.  TT was a team mate to Jim Clark in F1 Team Lotus.
XJN has a Rover engine and SDI gearbox, Endlebrock carb, fast road cam, Front Line suspension with 5 link rear, variable power steering and electric windows!  Taking XJN to MGB60 - hope to see you guys there.

John.

Re: MG B GT Costello JBB5K

petemartin
Shame JBB has been neglected. I am also going to MGB60 - I will be in my MGB GT V8, RJO630P. Look forward to seeing you and the car!

Pete M