Last Costello eggbox grille for sale

lawrencew
Administrator
There is now only one brand new black powder-coated Costello eggbox grille remaining for sale. These grilles have proved to be very popular with Costello owners helping a lot of our cars revert to their original look with this eye-catching frontage piece. Drop Lawrence a line if you would like the last grille. Of course, you need to have a Costello car before you can buy the Costello grille... :)

Re: Last Costello eggbox grille for sale

midgetdonkey
The costello mg i have just bought for repair does not have a costello grill but was told that is possible. How do i check my car is original and not a fake   reg no jbb5k    thanks   mark  07540876946

Administrator
We were not aware of any Costello for sale requiring restoration. So if this is indeed the case this is exciting news. Perhaps you could take some pictures of the engine bay and send to me at the email address supplied on this website. We can then verify whether your car is a Costello version or not. The Costello charateristics to look out for are described on the technical pages of the website. Regards Lawrence W.

RE: Last Costello eggbox grille for sale

midgetdonkey
I am a farmer with low computer skills so finding your site was a feat. The car was not advertised i saw it in the next village under a tarp, the owners had owned it for many years and bought it through a garage. I have a private collection of  over a 100 cars mostly restos and hope to open a museum soon. A photo and downloading it will never happen but would love to know what to look for and i will let you know.  Please visit if in glos or herefordshire   mark

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 21:45:38 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Last Costello eggbox grille for sale

We were not aware of any Costello for sale requiring restoration. So if this is indeed the case this is exciting news. Perhaps you could take some pictures of the engine bay and send to me at the email address supplied on this website. We can then verify whether your car is a Costello version or not. The Costello charateristics to look out for are described on the technical pages of the website. Regards Lawrence W.

http://mg-costello-forum.2691470.n2.nabble.com/Last-Costello-eggbox-grille-for-sale-tp6394871p6911629.html
To unsubscribe from Last Costello eggbox grille for sale, click here.

RE: Last Costello eggbox grille for sale

Paula-NRR-796K
DVLA provides the following information for this car  -

Date of Liability 01 01 2012
Date of First Registration 16 06 1972
Year of Manufacture 1972
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3528cc
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type PETROL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour RED

Hi - if you drop me an email with your address and phone number I can get one of the other Costello ownres to drive up and see you, and the car, and make a judgement as to its provenance. Hopefully it is indeed a Costello MG.....write to me at lolwood@yahoo.co.uk
Hear from you soon.

RE: Last Costello eggbox grille for sale

midgetdonkey
Thanks please do  07540876946   near Ross on wye.  Reg  JBB5k  seems right to me as not been messed around with   Mark

Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 13:02:33 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Hi - if you drop me an email with your address and phone number I can get one of the other Costello ownres to drive up and see you, and the car, and make a judgement as to its provenance. Hopefully it is indeed a Costello MG.....write to me at [hidden email]
Hear from you soon.

http://mg-costello-forum.2691470.n2.nabble.com/Last-Costello-eggbox-grille-for-sale-tp6394871p6920845.html
To unsubscribe from Last Costello eggbox grille for sale, click here.

Re: Last Costello eggbox grille for sale

RICHARD DARBY
We own an MGB GT V8 Costello mk.1 1971 which we have owned for 28yrs.(tartan red)

We have had various work done to the car over the years, but one thing we would be pleased to trace and purchase would be an original eggbox grille, so if you can be of any help in this enquiry we would be pleased to hear from you.

Look forward to your reply.

Re: Last Costello eggbox grille for sale

midgetdonkey
How much for the egg box grill or will you sell the whole car mark 07540876946

Sent from my iPhone

http://mg-costello-forum.2691470.n2.nabble.com/Last-Costello-eggbox-grille-for-sale-tp6394871p7572696.html
To unsubscribe from Last Costello eggbox grille for sale, click here.
NAML

Hello Richard, Could you dro pme a line at lolwood@yahoo.co.uk and tell me more about your car? We'd love to include you/it on the website as this is one the Costello community was not aware of - being a MkI its pretty rare too. Should you require a grille I can always get another set manufactured. I'll talk to the metalworkshop and see what they can do for us. Hear from you soon hopefully. Lawrence Wood.