ITEMS FOR SALE CURRENTLY ON EBAY 5/3/2011

ITEMS FOR SALE CURRENTLY ON EBAY 5/3/2011

Richard M Fairclough
If you type in MG COSTELLO on ebay, you can see a £2000 bag of original Costello bits in Warrington for sale icluding grille, badge   etc....... It would be nice to know who's car the bits are all from !!!
R.M. Fairclough

Re: ITEMS FOR SALE CURRENTLY ON EBAY 5/3/2011

lawrencew
Administrator
The source car appears to be WAW 700K though I dont have any records of that.
Hope these parts fall into the hands of a current Costello owner, else we will have a non original Costello car on the streets in the near future!

Re: ITEMS FOR SALE CURRENTLY ON EBAY 5/3/2011

Paula-NRR-796K
The ad says the costello grille is brand new !  Lawrence should have a list of all that were sold ? I have asked if there is a copy of the V5 from the donor car !

Re: ITEMS FOR SALE CURRENTLY ON EBAY 5/3/2011

Paula-NRR-796K
I have done a search and the car WAW 700K does not exist and there is no scrapped marker for this car.

Re: ITEMS FOR SALE CURRENTLY ON EBAY 5/3/2011

lawrencew
Administrator
Interesting.....
The advert clearly states "Genuine Costello V8 log book reg WAW 700K MGBGT".
So either there is a typo, or the condition of the logbook is too poor to be able to read it properly, or the seller is hiding something.
As to the grille, all the grilles I Have sold have gone direct to current, known owners. Most of these are now photographed in situ on the car and shown on the website. A couple of owners have purchased two grilles but in my view are entirely trustworthy. So the grille being sold on eBay is certainly not "brand new" - I guess it came from the same strange source as the other parts - a supposed written-off "Costello"......

Re: ITEMS FOR SALE CURRENTLY ON EBAY 5/3/2011

Paula-NRR-796K
I just recieved a reply to my enquiry on ebay about this auction :-

"I am selling this for my brother and I have just put your queries to him. The Costello was not scrapped exactly - the gearbox went and he took the engine out. He then started taking more bits off. When I asked him why exactly he did this - he said it seemed like a good idea at the time. Storage was a problem and the body went missing. The V5 log book is included, the car has 55 000 miles registered. If you would like more details please phone Colin on 0794 7560221. "

- warringtonhelen

I have asked this person to contact the website. It would be interesting to know more !

Paula.