Costello mark II Radiator

Bill Hill
Hi All,

Hopefully nearing the end of my restoration & want to replace the Radiator.

Does anyone have any idea what donor Ken used?

Re: Costello mark II Radiator

Paul Stirling
Hi Bill
My MK1 Costello had an MGC radiator fitted. To keep the cars originality it was recored and refitted. If you get a new one; in alloy it aids cooling. Hope it helps. Paul

Re: Costello mark II Radiator

Paul Stirling
Also, after the factory V8 was launched, Ken would often fit the larger radiator for the factory car. This radiator is identified with a step at the top. It requires a separate header tank. If it is a late MGB the original radiator can be used as it's similar to the V8 radiator but will require it's upper and lower tanks reversed. P

Re: Costello mark II Radiator

Bill Hill
Thanks Paul,

I just checked based on your advice & it is an MGC Radiator.

Easy enough to replace after all.

I might just splash out on the alloy as it was always prone to overheating.

Thanks for your help,

Bill