Costello for sale

Roberto Bernasconi
Hello,
I'm intersted in purchasing this car: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C339205
It's advertised as a genuine Costello model but lacks the buldge on the bonnet...what's your comment.
Thanks in advance and best regards.
Roberto from Switzerland
twinsdistribution@bluewin.ch

Re: Costello for sale

lawrencew
Administrator
Hello Roberto, From what I understand from the original owner, this car is now sold. You might want to double check with Bernard Marreyt. The car is a MkII Costello, so the new carburettion Costello Engineering installed (between about 1972 and 1978) facilitated a flat bonnet. All MkIIs are modelled in this way. Only the rarer MkI cars had the Costello bulge. I've driven with this car several times in the UK and in France/Belgium and its a great example, well worth something close to the asking price. Good luck! Lawrence.