Costello Modified MGC GT

Mark Saylor
Does anyone out there have information on a Costello-modified MGC GT. It was a Snowberry White 1968 car, and retained it's MGC bonnet after being fitted with a Rover V8 in 1971. Was last seen in the Brighton area in 2003-2004.

Thanks!

Re: Costello Modified MGC GT

lawrencew
Administrator
Hi Mark, This is not a car of which I am aware out of the 50 or so on my list, but of course it might have changed hands, and therefore bonnets since. Has anyone else seen or heard of Mark's car? I would also try contacting your local MG club as they might have something like it on their register....if they do, I'd be keen to hear more! Best wishes Lawrence.

Re: Costello Modified MGC GT

Mark Saylor
Lawrence,

Thanks for the reply.

I posted this on behalf of the previous owner of the car, who lives in the UK.

Granted, the bonnet may have been changed, but the car should probably still carry its GCD chassis number.

And the car was previously registered as PBB 9, if that helps.

Mark

Re: Costello Modified MGC GT

Paula-NRR-796K
Hi Mark,
I have done several searches for an MG using the registration No. PBB 9 and I am unable to trace it.
Realistically, the only way of finding this car is by knowing the current registration number or through MGOC or V8 register or local clubs as Lawrence said.
Good Luck
Paula.

Re: Costello Modified MGC GT

lawrencew
Administrator
Mark - great news - we have found your car! Snowberry White PBP 9 is now in the capable hands of Andrew Johnson. The car is now in Graphite Grey. Registration has changed however. Keep an eye on the site as I will be putting the car's profile on here very soon. Drop me a line via email too so I can contact you more easily. This car was one of two MGC's given the Costello treatment. I wonder where the other one is....