Costello EOB 903 K

Docbritaz
Hi Guys.
I am a Brit and retired now in Arizona, but as a young man I lived in Dorset on the Army base in Bovington. My father purchased a Harvest Gold Costello from a classic car dealer in Poole called Richard Griffiths. He traded a almond yellow Rover P6 3500S for it. I believe it is the car EOB 903 K  that is now in France.  But I may be wrong, so im here to see if I can confirm or deny that this is that car.
I sold the car on my fathers behalf to a policeman in a pub one night in Wool. He was driving a Dutton at the time we were standing at the bar and just having a general chat about cars when I mentioned that my father had a Costello. The deal was done over a pint.
My father really loved the car and often talked about it, we both always wondered what happened to the car.  So can anyone out there confirm that this is that car? The name on the log book or paperwork should read Robert Black. Or have I merely added another car to the list of lost Costellos? I don't have any pictures of the car in question and my memory is not that good that I can remember the registration number. I think it was EOB and I know it was on a K plate.
Thanks
John

Re: Costello EOB 903 K

lawrencew
Administrator
Hello John,

Great to hear from you and hear your anecdote of your much-missed father's Costello.

Indeed 'your' car is undergoing a full restoration in Normandy, France, under the loving management of Judith Goertz - a British car enthusiast. Have a look on the website under Cars - Restorations. Scroll down and there is your car, still in Harvest Gold paint.

If you care to send me your email address I will happily put you in touch with Judith.

There are plans for a 2015 Costello Gathering in Normandy by which time EOB should be ready for the road. Perhaps you could come along?

Hear from you soon.
All the best
Lawrence.