Costello 5 speed gearbox

Don
I have a Costello 5 speed gearbox in my factory GTV8. After  a long time and quite a lot of work it is working very well.
Does anyone here have one as I would be interested in other information.

Re: Costello 5 speed gearbox

Jürgen Hauber
Hi, sorry for the late answer I just saw your question. Yes, my Costello is also working with the 5 speed gearbox (see http://mgcostello.com/Costello_Roadsters.html). Do you have any problems to fix some gears exactly?
Jürgen
Don

Re: Costello 5 speed gearbox

Don
Mine is  working pretty well at the moment. At one stage Ken told me I could buy a new set of synchro rings from him but I've never been able to get a reply from the email address I used to contact him.
Are any parts available anywhere ?

Re: Costello 5 speed gearbox

lawrencew
Administrator
Hi Don, is this gearbox in a Costello car? Do send over details if you have them. Ken is not particularly au fait with computers so is not likely to respond to email. We can contact him on your behalf and see what he might have regarding the rings. Drop me an email with more details and we'll investigate for you - [hidden email].
Cheers
LW

Re: Costello 5 speed gearbox

Don
My car is a factory GTV8. I don't urgently need the  rings just trying to get any parts that may be needed in the future. The only place I though may have any information on Costello parts was here. I used to contact Ken through Tim at Frontline but I believe he has sold the  business.

Re: Costello 5 speed gearbox

lawrencew
Administrator
Hi Don - Tim Fenna is still trading Costello parts but not in great quantities and not with great gusto. Give him a call and he might have something in the stock cupboard. He is based in Abingdon now I believe.
Lawrence.