Air box mk1

John rac
Hi

Need a replacement air filter box for my mk1

Where would sell them ? Can’t find one at usual places

Thanks

Re: Air box mk1

Guido
Hi John,

do you mean the original Rover P5 airbox with intake towards between the carbs?

Guido

Re: Air box mk1

John
Hey yes

But it’s not p5 or p6 - it’s a shorter / stubbier type

Was this a custom iitem like the expansion tank was ?

Thanks
John

Re: Air box mk1

Guido
 Hi again,
not custom made, but early Range Rover type, as far as I know, look for those, hope it helps

regards
Guido

Re: Air box mk1

John

Hi

Yes looked at those and the early p5 v8 air filter boxes seem to be very different

Re: Air box mk1

Guido
sorry, not range but land rover,
https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/273467157829_/Land-Rover-V8-Air-Box-Good-Solid-Condition.jpg

I have this one and an original P5 box, but not enough room to install ( heater hoses...) I use two KN filters at the other end of the elbows:

Re: Air box mk1

John
Thanks

But that’s not the one ken costello used

I don’t know how to add a photo on here but the costello version is quite different -

The search continues

Re: Air box mk1

John

Re: Air box mk1

Paul Stirling
Did you eventually find out what the original was from? I have the same on mine. Still have the original filters.