A new owner and some question about Costellos double steering column/steering rack

A new owner and some question about Costellos double steering column/steering rack

mikeV8
Hallo, my name is Mike and I am from Germany. Last year my father and I bought our Costello. Its is Paula Summers old car.
I have few questions about getting parts of the steering rack and steering shaft.
If these parts are broken, which parts can I make them from (Triumph Steering components)?
Thank you for your reanswers.

best regards Mike

Re: A new owner and some question about Costellos double steering column/steering rack

lawrencew
Administrator
Hello Mike,

Welcome to the Community! If you're still struggling with the steering column or rack you should find standard MGB parts should suffice. But you'll need another Costello expert to explain how they fit together. I can introduce you. Send me an email reminder?

Cheers
Lawrence.

Re: A new owner and some question about Costellos double steering column/steering rack

Pascal Mathieu
Dear Mike,
I'm currently converting my Costello to LHD using the same technique as used by Ken Costello to modify the steering rack and steering shaft. I posted pictures of the job in progress on the FB page.
Which parts are you looking for and to which purpose?
Regards,
Pascal