1970 Costello roadster - steering column query

1970 Costello roadster - steering column query

Harry Irvine 2
Hi all - hope everyone is doing OK in these strange times.  Some help please as my brain is getting old !  I am thinking of renewing the steering column bushes on my car  - the steering column has a universal joint at both ends which Ken fitted to fit around the engine / exhaust system. My question is do to need to think about aligning the steering column at all - the standard MGB has one universal joint and the top column has to be aligned to the bottom column to get correct steering operation. Surely with a universal joint at both ends the whole thing is "self aligning " ?  Cheers Harry