12 volt battery conversion

Paula-NRR-796K
What do other owners think of carrying out a 12 volt battery conversion ?

Converting the twin 6 volt batteries to a single 12 volt unit seems much more sence and a damn site cheaper . Would this affect the car in any way ? or the value ?

I see there is a dedicated page on the V8 register on this topic.

Paula NRR 796K

Re: 12 volt battery conversion

Laurie Way
I fitted a 12 volt battery when I restored my car back in 2000. No problems and it gives you room for additional equipment where the other battery was located. My MGA has 6 volt batteries and they seem to require changing more frequently than the 12 volt battery.

I don't think it would affect the value in any way and fitting a good quality 12 volt battery may enhance its value.

Laurie Way

Re: 12 volt battery conversion

Richard M Fairclough
Have just converted 'ELVIS' to 2 x 12 volt batteries !...Enough cranking power to start a Stealth Bomber.....FANTASTIC !!  I got the conversion kits and batteries from the M.G.O.C.
R.M. Fairclough

Re: 12 volt battery conversion

Roger Cook
Ken converted both my Costellos to 12v, the first in 1975!  And if the man did it, it's OK by me and won't adversely affect the value of you car. The MGOC conversion looks a good one.